Modicon Quantum CPUs 6 are a family of high-performance programmable controllers based on 486, 586, and Pentium processors. They are compatible with Unity Pro software. Some of the features implemented in these CPUs include:
- Superior scan times and I/O throughput.
- Ability to handle interrupts, timed and I/O based.
- Handling of Fast task, as well as a Master task.
- Memory expansion through PCMCIA cards.
- Multiple communication interfaces embedded in the CPU.
- Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX and 100Base-FX
- A user-friendly diagnostic and operation LCD display on the front panel of high-end models.
The processors offered can be differentiated by their memory capacities, processing speeds and communication options.
Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP
Quantum Processors manage PLC station with 2/3/4/6/10/16 slots, Local I/O 2 racks; Remote I/O 31 stations with 2 racks; Distributed I/O 3 networks with 63 single-rack stations; Maximum discrete I/O Local I/O 1024 input channels and 1024 output channels; Remote I/O 31,744 input channels and 31,744 output channels; Distributed I/O 8000 input channels and 8000 output channels per network; Maximum analog I/O Local I/O (no limit, 27 slots); Remote I/O 1984 input channels and 1984 output channels; Distributed I/O 500 input channels and 500 output channels per network; 6 Application-specific modules; Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus Plus, Profibus DP, Sy/Max Ethernet, SERCOS, all combinations 6; Bus connections Modbus 2 integrated RS 232 Modbus master; AS-Interface actuator/sensor bus, INTERBUS-S, Profibus DP; Process control Control loops 40 to 80; Hot Standby; Standard Web server; Modbus TCP messaging; I/O scanner; Global Data; FDR Server; e-mail service; Pass Band Management.
Integrated ports: 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (RJ 45) 10/100 Mbps with automatic recognition; RS 485 up to 19200 bps; (100Base-FX Hot stanby on 140 CPU 671 60)