Recent and archival Press Releases about Modbus Organization activities are listed below. If you are a member of the press and wish to contact the Modbus Organization, please visit our Contact Page.
- 2011-05-31 - Modbus Organization Joins the Wireless Cooperation Team
Modbus has joined with Fieldbus Foundation, PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V., and the HART Communication Foundation, to work cooperatively on the development of wireless gateway specifications based on WirelessHART and the emerging ISA SP 100.11a standard.
- 2010-02-24 - Modbus Organization Releases Modbus TCP Developers Toolkit v3.0
This new version replaces version 2.1 and includes some new resources for developers seeking to implement Modbus. These include an updated test tool, Modbus Conformance Test Tool v3.0 (and accompanying updated test specification), and various other resources for implementation and device testing.
- 2008-07-02 - MBServer Collection of Programs and Libraries Listed on Technical Resources Page
MBServer is a collection of programs and libraries offering both client and server Modbus TCP functionality. This includes both stand-alone servers and clients, as well as command line utilities and libraries which may be incorporated in your own application.
- 2008-06-24 - Modbus Applications for Mac OS X Listed on Technical Resources Page
ModBusProbe has been developed by Matthew Butch of Volitans Software and Rudy Boonstra of R Engineering Inc. to provide one of the necessary tools to use the Apple Mac OS X platform for industrial control. Additionally, the framework ModBusKit was released to encourage further software development.
- 2008-04-24 - Learn about Integration of Modbus Devices into CIP
Download a presention (pdf) about integrating Modbus devices into the Common Industrial Protocol (CIP).
- 2007-10-09 - Winners of iPod nanos at ISA EXPO 2007
Four visitors to the Modbus-IDA booth and the booths of Modbus-IDA members at last week's ISA EXPO win iPod nanos.
- 2007-09-10 - Please note our new fax no. +1 508-435-7172.
- 2006-04-18 - Fred Cohn Elected Modbus-IDA President
At its March Board meeting, the Modbus-IDA Board of Directors elected Fred Cohn to succeed retiring president Kenneth Crater. As Modbus-IDA enters its fourth year, the organization finds itself growing in membership and expanding its services.
- 2005-10-18 - Modbus Conformance Test Laboratory Opens in China
Modbus-IDA and the Instrumentation Technology & Economy Institute (ITEI) announce the opening of ITEI?s Modbus Conformance Test Laboratory in Beijing. As part of its expanding Conformance Test Program, Modbus-IDA is contracting with organizations in locations around the world to offer conformance testing and certification of Modbus devices.
- 2005-10-13 - Modbus-IDA and ITEI Sponsor Four-City Tour of China
Modbus-IDA and the Instrumentation Technology & Economy Institute (ITEI) are sponsoring a four-city tour of China. Organized over the summer months, the tour begins in Beijing on October 21, and moves to Chongqing, Guangzhou, and Shanghai, where it completes its circuit on October 28.
- 2005-08-09 - Modbus-IDA Adds Two New Directors to Board
At its June 2005 Annual Meeting, Modbus-IDA expanded its Board of Directors and elected two new members, bringing the total number of Directors to eight. Serge Bassem, CEO of ACT?L sa, and Komal Mehta, Senior Product Manager of the new Industrial Communications and Power Network Division of Harting, Inc., became the newest members of the organization's Board.
- 2005-05-12 - Modbus TCP is World Leader in new ARC Study
A newly released study by ARC Advisory Group, the leading analyst firm covering automation and enterprise software, shows Modbus TCP as the world's leading industrial Ethernet protocol, in terms of units shipped in 2004.
- 2005-05-12 - Une nouvelle ?tude d'ARC place Modbus TCP en t?te
Une ?tude r?cemment publi?e par le Groupe Conseil ARC, une soci?t? de pointe sp?cialis?e en analyse de logiciels d'automatisation et d'entreprise, montre Modbus TCP comme le premier protocole Ethernet industriel en termes d'unit?s exp?di?es en 2004.
- 2005-03-23 - Modbus-IDA and CAN in Automation Announce CiA DSP 309: Interfacing CANopen with TCP/IP Part 2: Modbus/TCP Mapping
Modbus-IDA and CAN in Automation (CiA) have announced a licensing agreement, resulting in Specification CiA DSP 309-2: Interfacing CANopen with TCP/IP Part 2: Modbus/TCP Mapping. CiA DSP 309-2 provides a standardized mapping of CANopen data for transport on Modbus TCP networks.
- 2005-01-11 - Modbus Protocol Adopted as Chinese Standard
In a striking affirmation of the ubiquitous Modbus protocol, the Standardization Administration of China (SAC) has formally launched Modbus as a standard in the People's Republic of China.
- 2004-09-14 - Modbus Protocol becomes IEC Publicly Available Spec: IEC PAS 62030 (pre-standard)
The Modbus protocol has been accepted by the IEC as a Publicly Available Specification (PAS). The protocol submission was made possible by the recent granting of a type D liaison status to Modbus-IDA by the IEC.
- 2004-07-20 - Modbus-IDA Elects Two New Board Members
At its June 2004 Annual Meeting, Modbus-IDA elected two new members to its Board of Directors. Fred Cohn, director of marketing, Schneider Electric, and Jean-Jacques Poubeau, vice-president, major systems programs customer & markets division, Schneider Electric, joined the Board.
- 2004-04-12 - Modbus Protocol Transferred to Modbus-IDA
In a dramatic move signaling its dedication to the openness of the Modbus protocol, Schneider Electric has transferred its copyright in the protocol to Modbus-IDA, a nonprofit organization formed in 2002 to advance industrial communications.
- 2004-04-12 - Modbus-IDA Releases Modbus TCP Toolkit
Modbus-IDA has released the newly developed Modbus Toolkit, a complete set of tools for developing and maintaining Modbus-conforming devices.
- 2003-10-15 - Modbus Organization and IDA Join Forces
After a year of successful cooperation, the Modbus Organization and IDA Group have decided to join forces in recognition of the alignment of their goals and vision of the future of industrial communication and automation.
- 2003-01-30 - New Director Links Modbus Organization to Chinese Standards Organization
The Modbus Organization, Inc., a newly formed nonprofit organization supporting the popular Modbus? protocol, has announced the addition to its Board of Directors of Mr. Feng Xiaosheng.